1. CHANGES IN THIS POLICY. Nirmala Franklin reserves the right to revise this policy from time to time by updating it and posting it at www.nirmalafranklin.com/privacy-policy, with the new policy coming into effect from the date of posting. You should periodically review this policy to make it sure that you are familiar with its most recent version. Your use of the site after the effective date of the updated version of this policy will constitute your acceptance of the updated policy.
2. APPLICABILITY OF THIS POLICY. This policy covers our treatment of information that is gathered by the site, including personally identifiable information as well as the non-personally identifiable information. If you visit the site without registering for an account or making a purchase, you can browse it without submitting any personally identifiable information. In order to access certain features of the site like registering for an account or making a purchase, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information such as name, address, phone, email address and billing information.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTION. We collect the following kinds of information:
Account, Login, Purchase, and Shipping Information. We will collect a personal information from you if you create an account on the site or make a purchase. Creating an account may enable you to move through the checkout process more rapidly, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders, create and maintain a “wishlist” of products that you can share with others as well as save products to a list of “favorites.” If you create an account or make a purchase, you will be asked to provide some information about yourself including, but not limited to, your first and last name, your email address, your shipping address, your phone number, credit card information, the names and addresses to whom purchases are to be shipped (if applicable), or the email addresses of your friends.
Customer Service Requests or Communications Submitted by You. The site may provide you functionality that allows you to voluntarily submit request or inquiry forms, including, for example, requests for help with the site or requests for information about products. The site may also allow you to submit suggestions or comments. These forms may require that you share personally identifiable information, including, but which is not limited to, your name, email address, order number, a description of your comment or question, or a photo that is related to your comment or question. Any personal communications that you or a third party voluntarily submits to us in any format, including email, postal mail, online form or any other method of communication, may be collected and saved indefinitely in a profile that is specific to you.
Live Chat. The site may allow you to instantly chat with a Nirmala Franklin agent in your browser in order to reply to your questions about the site or our products. Our third party live chat software provider will collect information about you and share it with us. This collection may include, but is not limited to: the number of chats that you have had with us, the pages that you have visited on the site, the time you spend on each page, your location, and your IP address. This information may be saved indefinitely in a profile which is specific to you.
Electronic Newsletter. You may sign up to receive an electronic newsletter or other email updates from us by providing your email address. Any non-service related email that you receive from us will include an unsubscribe link that will allow you to opt out of receiving future emails. We will not share or sell your personal information to any of the third parties.
Invite a Friend. You may be able to share your wishlist or other information with a friend by submitting your friend’s email address to us. We will not share or sell your friend’s email address to any third parties.
Automatically Collected Information (Non-Personally Identifiable Information). Similar to other web sites, we may collect some information automatically and store it in log files. We may use Google Analytics or other third party analytics providers to collection this information about the site. This information does not identify you. This collection may include, but is not limited to: your IP address, the type of browser you use and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, number of clicks, platform type, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent in particular pages along with the date and time. We collect this non-identifying information so as to better understand our customer base, to more efficiently operate our business, to promote our products and services and to improve our site’s quality. We do not link analytics information with any of your information that is personally identifiable. We may automatically collect information using mechanisms including but not limited to Cookies, Pixels and Google Analytics.
Payment Information; Third Party Payment Processor. Credit card payments are handled through PayPal and other third party payment processors. Nirmala Franklin does not access or store your credit card information. PayPal and other payment processors will collect and may retain your credit card information in order to process your payment. We do not control PayPal and other payment processors or their use of your information.
4. INFORMATION USE
A. General. We may use your personally identifiable information to manage and administer your account and the site; to fulfill your orders for products, including personalized products; to provide you with support; to respond to your requests and enquiries; to communicate with you; to share your wishlist, to monitor site usage; to improve the site;to provide you with information about products and services; to resolve disputes; to detect and protect against errors, fraud and criminal activity;to assist law enforcement; to enforce this policy and the terms; or for any other purpose described in this policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
B. Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications related to your account or your orders, or in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving services-related messages that are not promotional in nature. We may also send you marketing emails, surveys or, newsletters to notify you about those products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving marketing emails from us, kindly click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. If you opt out, you will continue to receive service-related emails.
C. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements and to improve our business and the site. We may share aggregated information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising and to analyze and report on the advertising that you see. We may also combine non-personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected from other sources.
D. Information Retention. We will retain your information for an indefinite period of time as long as it is legally required or allowed. If you cancel your account or account is otherwise terminated, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information that we have collected or obtained from you or third parties and we may continue to use and disclose your information in accordance with this policy. Nirmala Franklin does not undertake any retention obligations through this statement.
5. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
A. Wishlist. If you create a wishlist on the site, it will be publicly accessible by anyone who enters your account-related email address in the “view friend’s wishlist” search box. If you do not want someone to access your wishlist, please do not share your account-related email address with them.
B. Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your information (i) as required by any applicable law or legal regulation; (ii) if we believe disclosure is needed to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to government regulators or law enforcement authorities in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the site; and (iv) to respond to a physical threat to either you or another person.
C. Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose your information, including personal information, to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
D. Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your information collected will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this policy. As an example, a third party may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users of the site may abuse or misuse your personal information. No transmission of data over internet can be made 100% secure.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY MEASURES. Keeping your information secure is of prime concern to us. We exercise care in facilitating the transmission of information between your device or computer and the third-party servers that operate and store information for the site. The personal information that we collect is stored in operating environments that are not available to public. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
9. ACCESSING, UPDATING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If your personal information changes, please contact us by using the online forms provided on the “contact us” section of the Site. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except in those cases where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical. If your Account is terminated for any reason, your information will no longer be accessible through your Account or associated with your Account. However, activity that occurred prior to deletion may still continue to be stored on our systems or the systems of our service providers for an indefinite period of time.